- PHOTO GALLERY: CURE River and History Weekend
- Posted May 25, 2012 midnight
- CURE River and History Weekend 2012 The weather stayed dry making Clean Up the River Environment’s (CURE) 21st annual River and HIstory Weekend exceedingly pleasant. Dozens of youth and adults alike canoed and kayaked the Minnesota and Chippewa Rivers on Saturday where they absorbed scenic river valley’s wildlife and natural beauty. After the paddle, roughly 50 individuals turned out at Wegdahl Park where they listened to Teresa Peterson, Executive Director of Dakota Wicohan, speak about her non-profit organization’s efforts to renew the Dakota language and preserve the ancestral way of life. As night fell event-goers gathered around a campfire where they told stories and sang songs, and later many camped out.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- H.A. Hagg sold in eBay auction
- Yellow Medicine County approves government center renovation bids
- Upper Sioux Community holds tribal elections
- Minnesota Water Trails 50th Anniversary this weekend
- Blue Cross puts the brakes on new payment model, brings relief ...
- Clarkfield City Council appoints former council member Schlenne...
- Hospital takes hit: Dramatic, sudden change by Blue Cross Blue ...
- Miller gets bronze at Inventors Congress
- Yellow Medicine County pegs Heglund for administrator post
- Steel Magnolias this Friday and Saturday
- Heart of the Prairie Days starts May 31, Clarkfield C&C calls f...
- Read more top stories