- Posted Oct. 2, 2012 midnight
- Over 140 people filled the Kilowatt Community Center on Saturday for the 7th annual Wood Lake Battlefield Symposium. The event, which also marked the 150th anniversary of the final battle of the 1862 U.S. / Dakota War, explored stories of heros and survivors. In the afternoon, the crowd traveled to the battlefield site located along 600th St., north of Co. Rd. 18 and the existing monument, for a dedication ceremony. The site is on land owned by Muriel and John Coulter who have granted a perpetual easement for interpretation and visitors.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- The return of MCAD and the Greater Minnesota Arts Initiative
- Appeals court rules in favor of YME
- Talented GF native's artwork at K.K. Berge Gallery throug...
- Major increase in area patrols through June due to abnormally h...
- YME will deficit spend in 2013-’14, Increased state fundi...
- YMC Museum sets genealogical precedent
- Hector tags Post 69 with first loss
- Get ready for the WF Rodeo Run 5K
- River's Edge Disc Golf is signed and ready
- GF holds first reading of potential rental and housing ordinance
- Yellow Medicine County tabs Keeler-Aus for Family Service Direc...
- Read more top stories