On Thursday, July 6, there was a reported explosion in the kitchen at Prairie’s Edge Casino. The Granite Falls Fire and Rescue responded to the scene, fire alarms were going off and the sprinkler system had malfunctioned but an announcement let everyone on the casino floor know there wasn’t any danger to them and that the situation was under control. Witnesses reported hearing a boom, but there were no reports of a fire or smoke. No one was seriously injured and the issue was resolved with no further problems.