The Sting boys had their first sections match against Montevideo Monday night. There was a chill in the air but the boys were fired up. Ean Clarke had a solid match, beating Owen Sarvee 6-1, 6-1. Tyler Syring stayed solid with his placement, winning a challenging match against Lucas Haivum 6-4, 6-3. Bryan Beyer and Jackson Torgerson had a very long match, eventually losing the second set 5-7 to Cayden Olson and Tyler Johnson.
Chandler Rillo and Isaiah Werner lost to Sam Olson and Tyler Dejong 2-6, 3-6. Matthew Virnig won a close match against Henry Sarvee 6-4, 6-4. Noah Lusti won his first set 6-4, and stayed in it but lost the second set 4-6. He lost the tiebreaker 5-7. This brought the match score to a tie 3-3.
It came down to the first doubles teams, Brandon Olson and Jakob Pringle vs Calvin Anderson and David Muero. The first set got to a tie 5-5. YME came out ahead 7-5 to win it, but lost the second set in another close battle 4-6. It fittingly came down to a tiebreaker, which also was initially tied 6-6, before YME finally got the 2 points needed to win the match 8-6.
1. Matthew Virnig vs Henry Sarvee Y 6-4 6-4
2. Noah Lusti vs Chris Ericksoe M 4-6 6-4 7-5
3. Ean Clarke vs Owen Sarvee Y 6-1 6-1
4. Tyler Syring vs Lucas Haivum Y 6-4, 6-3
1. Brandon Olson and Jakob Pringle vs David Muero and Calvin Anderson Y 7-5 4-6 8-6
2. Brandon Beyer and Jackson Torgerson vs Cayden Olson and Tyler Johnson M 6-2 7-5
3. Isaiah Werner and Chandler Rillo vs Sam Olson and Tyler Dejong M 6-2 6-3
YME Team Record
All Matches 8-5