Governor Mark Dayton issued a letter authorizing up to an estimated $259,191 in relief from the State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account for Chippewa County, Yellow Medicine County, and the Upper Sioux Community

Governor Mark Dayton issued a letter authorizing up to an estimated $259,191 in relief from the State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account for Chippewa County, Yellow Medicine County, and the Upper Sioux Community. The exact final reimbursements will be made from actual expense documentation. The counties and tribal community experienced damage to their municipal utilities caused by severe thunderstorms and high winds on July 16, 2016, and incurred significant debris removal costs.

Aid from the contingency account will reimburse counties for public infrastructure repairs and clean-up costs. Under Minnesota law, the state will reimburse 75 percent of eligible costs for public infrastructure repairs and clean-up, with localities responsible for covering the remaining 25 percent.

The following lists the damage incurred along with the State Disaster Assistance available:

• Chippewa County
    Incurred: $52,786
    Assistance: $40,340

• Yellow Medicine County
    Incurred: $237,102
    Assistance: $177,826

• Upper Sioux Community
    Incurred: $54,700
    Assistance: $41,025