Authorities say one person died and several others, including emergency responders, were hospitalized after suffering symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning at a residence near Vergas, in northwestern Minnesota.

Authorities say one person died and several others, including emergency responders, were hospitalized after suffering symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning at a residence near Vergas, in northwestern Minnesota.

Otter Tail County authorities say three Perham Emergency Medical Services employees were among eight people hospitalized after they were overcome Monday night. KFGO radio reports that a woman had called 911 after arriving home to find that her 67-year-old husband was not breathing.

A release from Perham Health says four people were held there for observation and released Tuesday. Four other patients, including the emergency workers, were airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center, which has special equipment to treat people who suffer carbon monoxide poisoning.

The release says the EMS workers were expected to be released Tuesday. The condition of the fourth patient is unknown.