The Sting girl's Monday tennis match was canceled because of rain, but the weather begrudgingly cooperated for the conference match with Morris on Tuesday. It rained at about 1:45, so the courts got squee-gee'd and the sun came out. Emily Johnson got the Sting off to a good start with a win against Ryanne Long. The doubles team of Ashley Niemeyer and Cherish Hammer fell to Abbigail Athey and Greta Hentges. Emilee Speh and Allie Virnig had a very close match against Lakia Manska and Hannah Wutzke, going to a tiebreaker in the first set, but losing the second.
The team of Brynn Cherveny and Tiana Rupp had a comeback victory for the second set, but couldn't keep momentum going and lost the third. Whitney Tennis finished off Lea Asmus, but overall YME was down 2-3 in match results. Macie Sik was battling Katie Messner, and the two were very evenly matched. Both broke the other's serves in sets.
Sik had momentum on her side, winning the second set, and managed to stay a game ahead during the third, before eventually winning the 6th game, putting the match score at 3-3.
It came down to Chelsea Hoernemann vs Katelyn Wehking. The entire match was very close. Hoernmann lost the first set 4-6, then won the second 6-4. A few missed shots at the wrong times were enough to give Morris the win, both in the set, 6-4, and the overall match win 3-4.
1. Whitney Tennis Y Lea Asmus 6-4, 6-3
2. Emily Johnson Y Ryanne Long 6-0, 6-3
3. Katelyn Wehking M Chelsea Hoernemann 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
4. Macie Sik Y Katie Messner 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
1. Abbigail Athey and Greta Hentges M Cherish Hammer and Ashley Niemeyer 6-0, 6-3
2. Lakia Manska and Hannah Wutzke M Emilee Speh and Allie Virnig 7-6, 6-4
3. Ireland Winter and Kassidy Girard M Brynn Cherveny and Tiana Rupp 2-6, 6-2, 6-3